Friday, July 11, 2008

Pardon Our Dust: Under Construction

A Drome Of My Own
I've spent a good three years or more blogging my little heart out over at 1UP.com, but over the last few months, things just haven't been running all that smoothly. I've been a decent sport about the various ups and downs involving all the bugs, mistakes, and missteps done to the site's blogger community, but now that they've made blogging even more difficult with some new window thingymado, I've decided enough is simply enough. Therefore, I've packed up some boxes, hired a shady moving company, and am going to follow in the footsteps of my fellow blogger and pal, Matt (go check out his site too - it's good stuff), and spread my wings, opening up a blog site all my own. It's easy to set up blogs here, and I don't have to worry about the damn thing suddenly triple-spacing all of my posts - so that's a good thing. I plan on shifting most of my time over to the Drome here, and I'll primarily focus on topics like TV, movies, video games - you know, all the stuff of great cultural significance. In terms of tone, I try to stay light-hearted, though I'm prone to rage at times, and I love nothing more than sarcasm. But I'll do my best to keep things on the ol' up-and-up.

Hopefully, I'll be visited by my various awesome 1UP friends, and look forward to meeting new ones here. We'll see what happens. Either way, welcome to the Bannendrome...

3 comments:

M. H. Mason said...

Welcome to the neighborhood! Actually, you already visit from time to time. I'm pretty stoked that you have a new place to call home; I think your musings about movies, comics and Steve Gutenberg will be well served here. Well, at least I'll be visiting. Here, my wife told me to bring this fruit cake...

SacredCrayon said...

Yes, I am awesome and I can hula hoop like nobodies business!
Good luck here. I've bookmarked this page.

Bannen said...

Welcome to the Bannendrome, fellas. Hopefully, I'll be able to just carry on here from 1UP. We'll see what happens. In the meantime, I plan on regular posts - so stop by anytime.